Feeds RSS

Saturday 25 April 2009

MY FIRST PAID PHOTOSHOOT

Last Friday, my family and friends were watching the Red Bull Airshow in Abu Dhabi Corniche under the heat of the blazing sun. So we decided not to finish the show and just go home because I was afraid that my daughter might get sick because of the sun.

My hubby went back to finish the show and a Western lady approached and asked him if he was a photographer. My hubby said yes and the lady was asking if he can cover her wedding the week after. My hubby told her that he will just refer her to our other groupmates who have more experience in wedding photography. However, the lady still insisted that she would like my hubby to cover the wedding, but my hubby didn't say yes because he might have to go to work on that day.

So, my hubby immediately gave this lady the phone number of our other fellow photographers, but no one was available. To add to that, my hubby was also free on that day, so he decided to shoot that wedding and asked me to be his backup.

As I have work on that day, I was only able to help him during the reception.

I must admit that I really had a hard time shooting this event because of several reasons.

Firstly, they are a western couple and their culture and tradition are different from ours. The poses that we were asking them to do are quite absurd for them. We are more on the experimental side, but they want to stick to the basics.

Secondly, we don't have a sophisticated unit to use. What we have is a flash unit from Metz which takes ages to reload.

Nevertheless, we still managed to give it our best shot and were able to shoot the event properly. We are still in the process of post-processing the pictures. I will post them as soon as we finish it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment